Saturday, February 17, 2007

Miscellaneous posts

11 Key Films in My Life
2003 Oscar nominations- predictions
2005 Oscar nominations- predicted and actual
The Animation Show 2003
"CRASH wins. We lose."
(bitching about CRASH's Oscar win)
DAZED AND CONFUSED: The Litigation Years- my response to the lame D&C lawsuit of 2004
Films by Apichatpong Weerasethakul
Films by Arnaud Desplechin
Films by Babak Payami
Films by Claire Denis
Films by Lars Von Trier
Films by Lewis Klahr

Films by Maurice Pialat
Films by Morgan Fisher
Films by Peter Lynch
Films by Sadie Benning- Program 1 and Program 2
Global Lens Series #1

"Grab bag" (an ode to good used DVD stores)
"The Great Trade-Off" (my thoughts on fearmongering and health insurance)
Halfway point 2006
Horror Marathon 2004 (abbreviated)
"Hurts so bad, it gets me down, down down" (Altman obit)
"I Snooze, You Lose" (on falling asleep during movies)
"I Swallowed a Bug" (Brando obit)
Jason's Questions Answered
"Melting Down the Canon"
(my response to Paul Schrader's film canon piece in the Nov/Dec 2006 FILM COMMENT)
My favorite filmmakers (originally done for The Film Journal)
Salute to actor-directors
Sci-Fi Marathon 2005 in review
Sci-Fi Marathon 2004 in review
Summer '06 in Review
Top Classic Movies of 2004 (that I saw for the first time, anyway)
UPA Cartoons Program- featuring such favorites as GERALD McBOING-BOING and THE OOMPAHS, and non-favorites like Mr. Magoo
"What?????" (reactions to the 2003 AMPAS screener debacle)

No comments: